How to Simulate the Load from Safari Browser
There was an interesting requirement where we had to simulate Safari browser at the time of load execution.This article provides information on how to achieve this.
- Recently we were involved in a PoC to check the feasibility of SalesForce.com with LoadRunner.
- There was one interesting requirement that the customer wanted to simulate the load from Safari browser.
- The reason behind this is that the SalesForce.com will be primarily accessed by Sales team who will be mostly traveling using iPad with Safari browser.
- By default, LoadRunner supports only I.E, Mozilla & Netscape browsers.
- And it does not support safari to emulate the load.
Analysis and Solution:-
- This can be achieved through Custom settings in loadrunner.
- For this all we need is safari – User Agent String that suits our requirement.
The following is an example of Safari – user agent string:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5
*Please note for recording you can use any browser and simulate the user load with any required browser using User Agent String as above.