Business Intelligence Utopia - Dream to Reality: Key Enablers
In the last post, I discussed my view of BI Utopia in which information is available to all stakeholders at the right time, in the right format enabling them to make actionable decisions at both strategic & operational levels. Having said that, the BI street is not paved with gold.
I consider the following key enablers as pre-requisites to achieve true ‘Information Democracy’ in an enterprise. The “Power of Ten” includes:
- Proliferation of agile, modular & robust transaction processing systems.
- Real Time Data Integration Components
- Strong Data Governance structure
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Extensible Business centric Data Models
- Flexible business rules repositories surrounded by clean metadata/reference data environments
- Ability to integrate unstructured information into the BI architectural landscape
- Guided context-sensitive, user-oriented analytics
- Analytical models powered by Simulations
- Closed loop BI
Each of these units comprising the “Power of Ten” is a fascinating topic on its own. We will drill-down and focus on some of the salient features of each of these areas in the coming weeks.