Hexaware specialized offerings include
- ERP Testing
- Packaged Application Testing
- Product Testing
- Web Testing
- Service Oriented Architecture Testing (SOA)
- Legacy Application – Quality Optimization
- Performance Engineering
- Localization / Globalization Testing
- Business Intelligence Testing
- Vista Readiness Kit
Hexaware’s ERP domain leadership provides the impetus for efficient testing across HR, Financials, CRM, Supply Chain Management and Campus Solutions. A dedicated ERP Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) that facilitates competency building, reusable asset creation, ready-to-use solutions and frameworks that adds value to customers right from day one of the engagement. The large number of success stories reinforces the fact that Hexaware’s Quality Assurance and Testing Services (QATS) is the best fit for ERP testing.
Packaged Application Testing
Hexaware has vase experience in ERP implementation, testing, maintenance and upgrades around the world which is the cornerstone of our packaged application testing methodology that encompasses manual, automation and performance testing. Most of the implementation / upgrade testing involve data migration testing and parallel testing. Hexaware Quality Assurance and Testing Services division (QATS) has come up with flagship tool like “HexCompare” that compares databases/files/reports across applications/ versions during upgrades or implementations as well as jump start kits and accelerators for packaged applications that help accelerate the testing process.
Understanding the core challenges involved in product testing enable us to provide a product testing solution that is versatile enough to facilitate high quality standards as also be flexible enough to test multiple customizations and versions. Our proprietary “Product Testing” approach combines process, domain and technology to accelerate time to market, reduce defect leakage, reduce cycle time and increase customer satisfaction. In addition, a proprietary “Component based automation framework” aids in attaining high usability and maintainability of test scripts.
Our comprehensive web testing methodology includes the following test approaches
- Functional Testing
- Test Automation
- Compatibility Testing
- Accessibility Testing
- Usability Testing
- Globalization / Localization testing
- Multi-Lingual Testing
Our “E-commerce Reliability Check” with around 800 configuration settings is a onetime activity that helps in evaluating application reliability on the basis of functionality testing, compatibility testing and performance testing. “HexEconomy” a performance test model will be employed to understand the maximum number of users the application can sustain.
Service Oriented Architecture Testing (SOA)
To ensure services meet SLA’s and scale up in production, Hexaware Quality Assurance and Testing services division has developed an automated SOA testing framework called HexSOA Test Model and this test model was developed based on the challenges faced, lessons learnt and best practices derived from its previous SOA Testing assignments.
Using this framework, organizations can perform both unit tests for fine grained “atomic” services as well as integration tests loosely coupled coarse grained business services that orchestrate the granular services. SOA development teams can automatically execute the service’s original set of test cases to ensure quality immediately as peripheral changes are continually being made.
Legacy Application – Quality Optimization
Hexaware Quality Assurance and Testing services division (QATS) has evolved an innovative “Reverse Engineering by Q Patterns” methodology where domain experts and test analysts would employ a “testers” view to the application and understand the functionality in terms of usage scenarios, interfaces, validation points, expected output and data requirements.
A bundled service is provided where the testing team will be responsible for coming up with functional specifications (FS) for the legacy application and arrive at a regression test suite using FS as a baseline document. The documented functional specifications can be used for change impact analysis and re-engineering project design as the project proceeds.
We have a dedicated Mainframe Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) that focuses on the guidelines, frameworks and methodologies specific to mainframe testing and creates reusable assets that can be taken forward. We provide value added services in legacy application upkeep such as
- Cobol Migration (Elimination of unsupported versions)
- LE runtime conversions
- CPU Optimization Services
- System Performance Management
- Application Performance Management
- Database Migration
- Database Upgrade
- Data Scrambling and Shrinking
- Test Data and Regression bed creation
- Multi environment JCL set up
- Utility conversions like FileAid to SyncSort, etc
We review the business processes, usage patterns, system architecture, and functionality which make up the application. A high-level analysis is conducted to determine which business processes will have the greatest impact upon the end-to-end application architecture. The business process candidates will then be narrowed down to those utilized for the performance test.
Localization / Globalization Testing
With many acquisitions and mergers, globalization of the system is necessary for the system to work in sync. We ensure the readiness for localization and globalization.
The hallmark of our BI Testing offering is a mature Business Intelligence Practice lead by thought leaders who hold experience and BI patents across multiple warehouses across multiple countries dealing with multiple BI tools. Our BI testing value propositions include
- 50+ marquee names as its clients
- Experience spanning across Oracle R12, OBIEE, Cognos Platform, Tool migration and Enterprise Warehouse Execution
- Several Intellectual Property’s (IP) that automates regular solution development and deployment process and provides enhanced solution experience, rapidness and increasing accuracy in the delivery process.
The Hexaware Business Intelligence & Analytics Practice is synonymous with process excellence with the following salient features
- Ten Point Framework for BI & A Consulting
- Report Consolidation and Reporting Tool Migration framework
- BeaD – Data warehouses Implementation Methodology
- Quality Control initiatives in the EDW Cycle
- Estimation Methodology for onsite offshore spits in project execution
- Data Mining & Statistical off shoring
- Transition and Knowledge Transfer Framework
- Agile Paradigm for multi project execution simultaneously
- Cascading methodologies for quantifying and defining EDW Support Models
- Service Request Execution methodologies
- Tool evaluation and estimation frameworks
- Data Profiling and Data Integration framework
Vista Readiness Kit
Networked computer environments typically have hundreds of applications installed and testing in such environments which can get complex because of the following reasons
- Applications are distributed across several service lines
- Applications are of different types (Desktop, Web etc.)
- Multiple versions of the same application are available
- Multiple updates of a single application version are available
- Dependency while integrating with 3rd party applications
The problems resulting from these incompatibilities can range from losing functionality in a single application to critical faults resulting in a showstopper.
Hexaware has pioneered the art of testing large number of applications in Microsoft Vista OS by using its Vista Readiness Kit. The Vista Readiness Kit is a successful and proven solution which will pull out Vista compatibility related issues from an application in an efficient way. We also assist clients in infrastructure assessment and recommendations for Vista readiness of their hardware and other devices
Our Tested and Proven Solution to Vista Compatibility problems
Benefits of Vista Readiness Kit
- Improved ROI
- Proven solution for Compatibility Testing
- Efficient Test coverage
- Reduced Time in testing
- Better handling of incompatible issues