Application Management (AM) provides a methodology and tools that offer visibility into real-time metrics that help manage the key aspects of applications. With our solution, application components are monitored for availability, performance of key business processes, and service-level agreement compliance.
A successfully implemented AM solution will enable system administrator’s application administrators, DBA’s, as well as business and executive management to:
- Obtain real-time availability and performance metrics of an enterprise application and its related components
- Show metrics on what application users are experiencing when using the application
- Assist in root-cause analysis when application performance is degraded
- Provide proactive alerting and notification based on application service-level agreement (SLA) compliance
- Provide audience-specific metrics on application availability, including real-time performance dashboards that give visibility into service-level compliance for business, user, and systems performance
- Conform to IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework for IT service management (ITSM) using a federated configuration management database (CMDB)
- Conform to SOX requirements for service management processes
- Automatically detect changes to applications and infrastructure using Application Mapping technology
Application Management in Practice
As information technology has become an integral part of everyday activities, applications and services that were once considered a rare convenience are now commonplace parts of the key operations and the competitiveness of every company.
Today, there’s no way that a major company can function without critical enterprise-level software. A company that does not appropriately manage the availability of its key software applications cannot remain competitive, and business suffers when enterprise applications do not perform as expected: lack of availability costs money.
Utilizing Hexaware’s enterprise-tested APT methodology, along with HP’s industry-leading Business Availability Center (BAC) offering, appropriate application management availability and performance metrics are provided to all application stakeholders: system administrators, database administrators, IT management, and business management.
Hexaware Application Management takes a user-centric approach using a top-down method. We measure a user’s experience with a business process when interacting with your enterprise application and help our clients react accordingly. This ensures that service-level agreements are met, users are satisfied with their experience, and application administrator’s sleep better knowing that applications and business processes are being monitored and performing as expected. Using HP’s Business Availability Center solution for measuring user experience, raw application performance and availability metrics, and end-to-end business process monitoring, administrators and management can be assured that a user’s experience is constantly monitored.
Hexaware’s Application Management Offerings
Hexaware has a wide array of Application Management offerings for commercial enterprise-class applications, including all major ERP and CRM packages, and custom-built and proprietary software applications. Some of our most successful clients have utilized our application management offerings to manage and monitor availability of:
- J2EE applications
- .NET custom development
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Custom-built and proprietary applications
When systems are working at optimal levels, they have gone a long way toward ensuring that business value is delivered to the enterprise. But since these systems are dynamic and integrated throughout the enterprise, they are always in danger of getting out of sync. We offer monitoring services that cover all aspects of our clients’ systems to ensure that if errors do occur, they will be identified and fixed as quickly as possible. We operate on a 24×7 basis so that our clients can be sure that uptime will be maximized.
In addition to this “round-the-clock” monitoring coverage, we use our Near Shore facility in Monterrey, Mexico to help our clients maintain their system’s integrity while reducing their total cost of ownership. With a Near Shore strategy, our clients receive the benefit of easy communication in their time zones with immediate response times to issues as they happen while also reducing their cost structure. There is no other solution that can deliver higher quality maintenance with instant resolution of problems as they arise.